Principles of the core committee
Vision: Discovery of how demography affects and shapes the evolution, abundance and distribution of organisms across the tree of life.
Mission: Facilitating comparative analysis of plant and animal demography through provision of data infrastructure, tools and open-access data.
Core committee member roles:
Provide for the sustainability of the databases through direction setting, database development and funding applications.
- Contribute to annual core committee meetings
- Seek & apply for funding for workshops & core meetings
Facilitate the coordination and distribution of data digitization.
- Provide guidance on coordination of digitization through the institution of a head COMPADRino in the local node and COMPADRinos to digitize, error-check, complement and develop routines for comparative demographic analyses using matrix population models.
- Seek and apply for funding opportunities to set up distributed digitization nodes and develop and contribute digitization training resources (see digitization structure figure).
Collaborate on training, research and review projects on plant and animal demography as opportunities arise
- Initiate, lead and co-author papers, books, grant applications using the databases